Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Anchorage to Glennallen - the drive to my new home

We rented the house after only seeing the outside.  We were too worried about not having a place to live for Jeff to head out with the U-Haul without having secured somewhere to live.  Little did we know that he could have come up here without lodging in place, and all would be well.  He had options.

But he also had a lease.  So we are living in a house 11 miles from his office.  Not a bad commute, especially when he gets to see the mountains on his way...

(picture stolen from Jeff's Instagram)

I knew that I would need to take advantage of being in Anchorage after the flight.  So we got up on Sunday morning and went to Costco and Fred Meyer.  I had made a list of a few meals before I even left the midwest, and made the shopping list that way.  Jeff was able to tell me what he did and did not have in the house.  I can easily make meals for a couple of weeks without needing to do any grocery shopping, other than dairy and fresh produce.

So, please, enjoy some pics from our Anchorage > Eagle River > Glennallen road trip home...








do you see the rainbow?

The Wrangell Mountains ahead...


Tina has been given the Prodding Authority - she's going to prod me along to blog.  So keep checking back to see what all is new.  or you could just follow my blog...

Have a great day!

1 comment: