Sunday, December 27, 2015

That time I finally felt an earthquake

My sleep routine is so completely off from what it used to be.  I used to go to be at 9 or 9:30 but no later than 10PM every night because SLEEP!  I need the sleep!

Lately we stay up later because I now get out of bed at the time that I used to leave the condo when I was in Wisconsin.  And that shifts sleep patterns.

So we were awake, in bed, looking at Instagram last week (Thursday December 17, to be exact), and I felt an earthquake!  It was a quick rumble, felt like if your house was right next to the road and a big heavy truck came rumbling by.  I heard some hanging items jingling around, and then it was over.

And since we were on our phones already, both Jeff and I got on the Google to get more information.  Turns out, the earthquake was a very short distance from our house - probably about 7-9 miles away.  It was only a 3.05, but with it so close, we really felt it!

I really am pretty excited to have felt an earthquake now.  I had never ever felt one before...

Some screenshots I took on my phone on Thursday night, December 17 (click pictures to embiggen):
see the Map Legend at the bottom - all red squares were less than 6 hours prior...
the earthquake we felt
more about the earthquake we felt

look at all the earthquakes in Alaska on 12-17-15...


No comments:

Post a Comment