Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 4 (1/2 cup) portions
- 2 cups milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, whisk together the milk, sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch.
- Turn the heat up to high and continue to whisk as the mixture starts to boil. Do not stop stirring. It takes about 6 minutes to bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, continue whisking for another 2 minutes.
- Remove pudding from heat. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pudding can be eaten warm or chill in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours to be eaten later. When chilling, place plastic wrap on the surface if you want to avoid the "skin". Although the "skin" is fine to eat and can be stirred to loosen.
- Top the pudding with fresh berries or whipped cream.
Verdict? Ugh, it was bad. And I felt so bad for Jeff! I didn't tell him that it wasn't box mix, so he really had his hopes up for having chocolate pudding. The texture was thicker, more gelatinous yet still watery, and the taste, ugh, was bad. Really bad. We threw out most of it. I will be putting this in the "Fail" category, and making sure I stock up on the box mix.
It had been a while since I had a Pinterest Fail; I guess I was due.